The Richborough Connection project
We currently have 18 workers engaged on project and have supplied Site Engineers, Site Supervisors, Ground Workers and a Quantity Surveyor.
The National Grid project will be constructed by CarillionEltel JV and includes the following key works:
· Construction of a 20km 400kV overhead line and pylons
· The removal of UK Power Networks’ existing 132kV line
· Temporary access roads, highway works and construction compounds.
Current site activities are:
- The setup of site offices and welfare facilities for the workforce. The site will also be used for storage of equipment for our construction activities and for the temporary storage of materials to help manage deliveries to the specific pylon construction.
- Clearing vegetation along the route, in preparation for constructing temporary access roads and installing the wiring later in the programme.
- A number of temporary roads are also being constructed to access the locations of the new pylons to construct them. Most of these temporary access roads will be built using plastic-like mats called ‘Dura-Base’. This material causes minimal impact on soil and vegetation. In a few locations where it is not possible to use Dura-Base, the temporary access roads will be built using stone.
If you would like to work with us on projects like this check out our current vacancies here