Drive Safe this Winter
Driving in winter can present us with extreme weather and dangerous
- Road conditions. In particular this will mean we are faced with increased hazards such as reduced daylight, heavy rainfall, high winds, low dazzling dawn and dusk sun and cold weather with fog, snow and ice.
- Stay safe and be prepared!
- Before setting off on your journey, check weather updates and think!
- Do you REALLY need to drive?
- If travel is unavoidable during bad weather allow extra time to get to our destination or try and wait until conditions improve. Even after oads have been treated via snow clearing or gritting, it’s still possible ou could encounter slippery spots on the roads, so driving with care ill reduce the risks to you, other motorists and pedestrians.
- In bad weather you will lower your risk of being involved in a road traffic ncident if you:
- Increase the distance between you and the vehicle in front of you
- Use your signals and indicators early and clearly
- Slow down before you reach bends in roads